Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Voo Doo Medicine

OK....it isn't really Voo Doo!

I made the decision to visit a local acupuncturist that my friend recommended. He specialized in infertility and also was trained in Chinese medicine. I figured if nothing else....I would at least be able to relax with some needles sticking out of me.

I calculated the cost and estimated that this would be a $2000 risk vs the $20,000 of IVF. Well worth the risk. I met with this very nice, kind acupuncturist/ Chinese herbalist. He recommended getting my hormones balanced, working towards diminishing my stress levels, and then seeing how things panned out. His recommendation was to first use this shake that would balance my estrogen levels in my body, and also gave me this tea that was to detoxify my body. I was also to do acupuncture sessions once a week. I will say....I never felt better in my life. My skin cleared up, I was less sick, it was either a really great placebo....or it worked. I didn't follow exact directions and we did get pregnant 2 months in. Now....I did get a two month benefit, but for anybody that has researched this stuff knows....and egg takes 90 days to develop. That means that it had 30 initial days forming in poor conditions and then 60 days in a better state. Did this make a difference? I will never know for sure.

I continued to go to acupuncture treatments for the entire first trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment