Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Job Stressssssss

My happy family of four was plodding right along. I had just landed a new job as an Assistant Principal at a local school district (granted I commuted 45 mins to 1hr in the winter). Kevin also went back to school to be a school administrator as well. Our plan was to always have 3-4 children. Now with the jobs looking like they were set, and all children were doing well....we figured we may as well give it another go.

Some job history- I was working between two elementary buildings as the Assistant Principal, and under two very different Principal's in regards to personality. One Principal commanded a very tight ship and things were to be done in a certain way. No problems there. The second Principal was new in her role and was paranoid that all staff were out to get her. Hence where the problems happened. The paranoid principal was SO paranoid, that at one point she tried to blame the staffs dislike of her.....on me! Granted, I always defended her to others (even if I didn't agree with what she had done). How could she seriously be betraying me and trying to pin her shortcomings on me! In a nutshell....I found out that my job was being "Re-Defined". I was being moved to one building and re-titled, "Assistant Principal/ Special Education Coordinator". Now granted, I had no problem with this, with the exception of the fact that I was originally told that I may have to re-interview for my own job. WHAT!? That never did happen....I was just moved to the other building were things were clearly defined (thank you VERY much). Now a tight ship is great, and I am all about doing my job well. But I am also a Type A personality and I am a people pleaser. Therefore, I stress myself out to no end to try to make everybody happy. As I have gotten older (and I pray wiser), I have realized that there are people out there that just choose to not be happy....and no matter what I do....it won't change their behavior.

Now, throughout this stressful period of time, I ended up not feeling well and began to drop an exuberant amount of weight without trying. Every time I ate, I felt like I had knives stabbing my stomach. I literally looked gray. I went from a size 6/8, down to a 2 in a matter of weeks and my pants hung off of me. I finally went to a gastroenterologist who suspected I had Crohn's Disease. After a lovely colonoscopy...they could find nothing wrong. I was also diagnosed with Asthma after I could not shake bronchitis and had horrible episodes of wheezing. I finally did recover and we decided that since my body appeared to be "behaving" we would try for a third child!

Merry Christmas,  we have a POSTIVE Pregnancy Test!

No comments:

Post a Comment